So I found a bunch of questions relating to music in our personal lives that I think will be interesting to answer for you all, so here it goes.
1. Your favourite song.
– Why is this the first question? Surely this is the worst question to start off with? If I really had to choose, like, life or death, answer the question or else type situation…it would be September by Earth, Wind and Fire.
2. Your least favourite song.
– I don’t know if I’ll offend anyone with this, but Fields of Gold by Sting. Bad, bad experiences with this song. My dad laughs every time it comes on, because he knows it’s my downfall.
3. A song that makes you happy.
– Still Got Time by Zayn and PartyNextDoor. Such a tune.
4. A song that makes you sad.
– Human by Jon Bellion. That’s one of the saddest songs I have ever heard to day, and to take it a little step further, listen to the acoustic version.
5. A song that reminds you of someone.
– Red, Red Wine by UB40. It reminds of my entire family, extended especially and how rowdy we get for that song. It’s a family favourite.
6. A song that reminds you of somewhere.
– I’m Yours by Jason Mraz. I went overseas on an immersion trip to this tiny tiny island with my school in Year 10, and we worked at a boarding school for a week, teaching in classrooms and helping around the villages. They all love music, singing and dancing and playing the guitar so they loved the fact that I could sing and play the guitar, and the girls and I sang this song when we first got there for the opening welcome ceremony. Throughout the week we were called into different classes to teach them because they wanted to know the song so bad, and on our last day at the farewell ceremony, the whole school had learnt the song and they sang it back to us.
7. A song that reminds you of a certain event.
– I Know Where I’ve Been from Hairspray. I was a Dynamite. Dynamite #3 to be precise and whenever the cast or the leads get together we pump this song and belt it. Every time.
8. A song that you know all the words to.
– Freaks and Geeks by Childish Gambino.
9. A song that you can dance to.
– If you haven’t heard Swalla by Jason Derulo with Nicki Minaj, you haven’t lived. I dance to this all the time.
10. A song that makes you fall asleep.
– Oblivion by Bastille. I only really got back into Bastille last year and this song is my favourite.
11. A song from your favourite band.
– As long as they’re referred to as a boyband, One Direction will come under this category in my eyes, so Fool’s Gold by One Direction.
12. A song from a band you hate.
– Glad You Came by The Wanted. Ugh.
13. A song that is a guilty pleasure.
– Shalala Lala by The Vengaboys. All day everyday.
14. A song that no-one would expect you to love.
– Tokka by Agnes Obel
15. A song that describes you.
– CRZY by Kehlani, so excited to see that girl in August.
16. A song that you used to love but now hate.
– Fancy by Iggy. Never again.
17. A song that you hear often on the radio.
– There’s Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes. I do love that song.
18. A song that you wish you heard on the radio.
– Bibia Be Ye Ye by Ed Sheeran. Everyone deserves to be that happy while driving.
19. A song from your favourite album.
– Ever Since New York from Harry’s self titled album. A track.
20. A sing that you listen to when you’re angry.
– Brother by Matt Corby
21. A song that you listen to when you’re happy.
– Kiwi by Harry Styles.
22. A song you listen to when you’re sad.
– All I Want by Kodaline. I cry every time.
23. A song that you want to play at your wedding.
– Perfect by Ed Sheeran. It’s honestly perfect. OR. Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.
24. A song that you want to play at your funeral.
– I Lived by One Republic. Or I Was Here by Beyonce.
25. A song that makes you laugh.
– Act My Age by One Direction. You can Irish dance really well to that.
26. A song that you can play on an instrument.
– Mia and Sebastian’s Theme from La La Land on the piano. I don’t read music that well, but I slaved over that piece for two days. I can also play the drums for the theme song of The Office.
27. A song that you wish you could play.
– This is really wishful thinking by if one day I learn how to play Smooth by Santana and Rob Thomas on the guitar I’d die happily.
28. A song that makes you feel guilty.
– Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams. I shouldn’t like that song. It goes against everything I stand for as a female.
29. A song from your childhood.
– Mambo No.5. Here in Australia there was a kids show called Hi-5. It was an educational show with singing and dancing and all that good stuff so mum used to record it on cassette. Well, after that was the music video show Rage and on one particular occasion the cassette recorded the first five minutes of Rage, which happened to be Mambo No.5, so whenever I watched that tape, I’d also jam to the song. To this day I still love that song so much.
30. Your favourite song of all time last year.
– T Shirt Weather by Circa Waves. It just reminded me of summer all through the year and my friends and I all loved that song.
Hope you guys liked that! Let me know about any songs that might fit into any of these categories, I’d love to hear your stories!